Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Women in Science


On Feburary 3rd, I had the opportunity to be a guest speaker at the "Women in Science, Engineering, Mathematics and Technology (STEM)" event at Clark College in Vancouver, WA. The women in STEM seminar is an open forum designed to welcome women into the science community and broaden their perception of careers in math and science. It's also a great chance for college students to network with other female students, faculty, and professionals.

I talked about my career as a Fish Biologist, what I do on a daily basis for my job, and the educational requirements necessary for a career in fisheries management.



It was a great way to spend an afternoon, and I hope to be part of this awesome program in the future!

Maureen

1 comment:

  1. From the looks of the room, we definitely need more women in science. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete